Skip to content

Experimental Notes


  • R800 and DAPI are unsurprisingly insoluble in low polarity solvents


  • BSC is extremely difficult to get completely particulate free, and this results in some erroneous scatter in the TCSPC runs.


  • DAA lifetimes were documented in 1974 and reported lifetimes of 17ns, but when interpreting the data, there are two decays, one contributing ~98% at a stable 6.7ns and the other contributing ~2% between 28ns and 32ns.
    • This is also proving really fit in general.
  • AZ S2 TCSPC requires sub 350nm excitation wavelength which we don’t have.
  • R800 and NR excitation spectra go beyond the 600nm correction limit for the excitation lamp.