Back to top
Perhaps those few lines from the Turbomole documentation can help to get an overview:
- def-SV(P) for routine SCF or DFT.
* Quality is about 6–31G*
- def-TZVP for accurate SCF or DFT.
* Quality is slightly better than 6–311G**
- def-TZVPP for MP2 or close to basis set limit SCF or DFT
* Comparable to 6–311G(2df)
- def-QZVP and def-QZVPP for highly correlated treatments;
* quadruple zeta + 3d2f1g or 4d2f1g (beyond Ne), 3p2d1f for H
Cc basis sets are not good for DFT, but are good for post-HF
Dunning - C Atom